Monuments Dissected: Engaging Public Art and Contested Spaces
We will present documentation of the Monuments Dissected installation and musical performance, which will have been installed in the Cube April 21-24, 2022. The project centers around a growing collection of audio interviews about the past, present, and future of confederate and colonial monuments in the US.
The process included conducting multiple interviews with a wide range of people, commissioning the music from the composers, designing and building the installation and performance with help from SOVA students, and rehearsing with SOPA students. Major funding for the project has been provided by ICAT.
- School of Visual Arts
- Meredith Drum, College of Architecture and Urban Studies, Creative Technologies
- Annie Stevens, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, School of Performing Arts
- Tanner Upthegrove, Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology
- Rachel Rugh, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, School of Performing Arts
- John Irrera, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, School of Performing Arts