Arts in XR: Enjoying immersive art as a social experience
In this demo, you will interact with an artwork in virtual reality. Walk around the artwork with your friends and see how your movements affect its appearance. If you are not a huge fan of wearing a headset, no worries - we also cater to tablet users!
The project utilized a novel multiuser VR platform, the VR ViewFinder. This platform allows a social VR experience by inviting bystanders with their own windows into the same virtual world as the headset user. A virtual artwork was incorporated into the platform with the addition of interaction features between users and the artwork. The location, movement, and clutteredness of users change how the artwork appears in virtual reality. The main goal of this project is to study the impact of a social component on arts in extended reality.
- Mind Music and Machine Lab
- Hayoun Moon, College of Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Mind Music Machine Lab
- Mia Saade, College of Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering Mind Music Machine Lab
- Daniel Enriquez, College of Engineering, Computer Science
- Zach Duer, School of Visual Arts
- Myounghoon Jeon, College of Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Mind Music Machine Lab