Cube Fest 2019
August 8 - 11, 2019
Presented by the Moss Arts Center and
The Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology (ICAT)
We welcome proposals for participation in the 2019 Cube Fest, taking place in Blacksburg, Virginia between August 8 - 11. Cube Fest is a festival of immersive music and media art, centered around the Virginia Tech Cube, a highly configurable black-box theatre featuring a world-leading high-density loudspeaker array (HDLA), 24-camera Infrared motion capture system, and the Cyclorama for stereoscopic video projection.
Works may be submitted in the following three categories:
- Music for High-Density loudspeaker arrays. This call seeks audio-only multichannel HDLA works for the Cube, and alternatively, multichannel works for 24 or fewer loudspeakers, for concert presentation in the Perform Studio.
- Immersive Media for the Cyclorama installed in the Cube.
- A proposal for an Immersive Multi-Sensory Experience .
Please use the following links to apply for the category of your choice. (You are welcome to submit work in more than one category if you wish.)
Important dates for submissions in all categories are as follows:
- Application Deadline: Feb 15, 2019.
- Notification of Results: March 15, 2019.
- Confirmation of Participation: April 1, 2019.
Please contact Eric Lyon with any questions regarding Cube Fest submissions.